Parish Council Meeting Minutes September 2011

 

MINUTES OF OFFHAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
TUESDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER 2011 AT 7.30PM
OFFHAM VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE ROOM
 
Present:       Cllr D. Stretton (Chair) Cllr P. Nelson, Cllr D. Frankling, Cllr B. Oliver, Cllr M. Begbey, Cllr W. Williams, Clerk Joanne Usher, PCSO Kim Hockey, Ward Councillor Sarah Hohler
 
ITEM
MINUTES
 ACTION

  1.  

APOLOGIES RECORDED, DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST MADE AND REGISTER OF INTERESTS:
Apologies recorded from Cllr W. Pierce, Borough Cllr Matthew Balfour.   No declarations of interest were made.
 

  1.  

MINUTES ARISING FROM 5th JULY 2011:
The minutes arising from 5th July 2011 were agreed by all Councillors and signed as approved by Cllr Stretton.
 

  1.  

PLANNINGS
 
New Applications: Nothing to report
 
Approvals:
·         Kings Arms Cottage, Teston Road – TM/11/01757/FL – Remove part of front boundary wall and create new residential vehicle access. Erect new side boundary wall. TMBC granted 10/8/2011
·         Fremlins Dell, Comp Lane – TM/11/00868/FL – Convert existing bungalow into two storey building with basement. Rebuild garage with two storey side extension. Single storey rear extension with internal and external additions and demolitions. TMBC granted permission 8/8/2011
·         Offham Landfill Site, Teston Road – TM/09/1888/R8A – Annual report as required by condition 8 of planning permission TM/09/1888 outlining proposed soil importation and restoration works for 2011. KCC approves the details 10/8/2011
·         Spadework Ltd, Teston Road – TM/11/01651/RD – Landscaping details pursuant to condition 4 of TM/11/00441/FL. TMBC approved 3/8/2011
Refusals:
·         2 Church Farm Cottages, Church Road – TM/11/01568/FL – Demolition of existing conservatory and construction of a new two storey rear extension. Alterations to windows to existing side (west) elevation. TMBC refused to permit 3/8/2011 due to greenbelt restrictions
Enforcements: Clerk to write to Richard Edmonds at TMBC and ask for a site meeting with the Planning Committee to discuss various sites in Offham
 
VOSAs: Nothing to report
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Clerk


 

  1.  

EXTERNAL REPORTS:
·             County Councillors: Cllr Hohler updated the Council on the key topics of importance that she is involved with:
         Speeding up the adoption process, currently takes 2 years and should be approximately 6 months
         Budget pressures, trying not to cut services
         Education; struggling with primary school results, key stage 2 currently up 3% on results and GCSE’s up. Results are being monitored and schools where a new head is in place
         Increase in broadband, need £42mm to increase the service, the Government have just donated £10mm
         Highways – contract just changed to Enterprise, so watch this space
·             Borough Councillors: Nothing to report
·             Police: Ongoing investigation into the cabling incident in Aldon Lane, this is a countrywide problem and the Police now have a dedicated team supporting these crimes. A burglary took place in an outbuilding on Teston Road, a laptop and money were stolen. A few issues with the road closure at Seven Mile Lane, mainly signage problems.
 

  1.  

ANY MATTERS RAISED BY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC THAT ARE NOT ALREADY ON THE AGENDA:
Nothing to report
 
 

  1.  

MONTHLY TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION:
·             Steam Rally:
o        All agreed to hold a simple tea tent on the green, Cllr Nelson to discuss with the Offham Society in order to arrange access to water and electricity
o        Cllr Frankling to liaise with the Malling Lionesses in order to arrange marshalling and road coning on the day.
o        Once arrangements have been made, Clerk to confirm details with the Insurance Company
 
 
PN
 
 
DF
 
Clerk
 

  1.  

ON PROJECTS/REPORTS:
·             Teston Road Playing Field (WW):
o        New gate into the Playing field installed. A new padlock with a combination for the opening end and a chain and lock at the post end have been installed also
o        Fixing stands for the goal posts have been buried and the posts moved over, both are now locked in place and Cllr Williams has the keys. Worn patches have been dug over and Cllr Williams will sprinkle some grass seed over the area. It has been noted that the whole field could do with feeding, it was suggest that Cllr Pierce may be of help
o        Nettles still an ongoing issue and need spraying again
o        ROSPA Inspection reviewed and noted that numbers actions need sorting. All Cllrs to meet in the playing field on Saturday 10th September at 12noon to review all items and take photos of damaged timbers and broken spring on gate
·             Kent Highway Services (JU):
o        Clerk briefed the meeting on the KHS Seminar that took place in July
o        All agreed that most potholes seem to be under control but all Cllrs to report any new potholes to the Clerk
o        Clerk to ask Louise Codman for the farmer route planner for winter snow clearing
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
All
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Clerk

  1.  

PARISH COUNCILLOR REPORTS:
·             Landfill Liaison (DS): Awaiting confirmation of the next Liaison meeting in September
·             JPCTCG (DS/DF): Next traffic group meeting scheduled to take place on Monday 12th September. Clerk to ask the VH Committee to move the chairs from the committee room for this meeting
·             Blaise Farm (DS/PN): No major complaints over the summer period. Cllr Stretton to forward the complaints and responses to all Cllrs as they reach him
·             Offham Web Site: Cllr Oliver has completed a slide presentation of the website and will forward to all Cllrs for their review
 
 
 
Clerk
 
 
DS
 
 
BO

  1.  

MONTHLY CHECK LIST:
·             MAP: Nothing to report
·             The Pond: All agreed to investigate the possibility of trying to re-register unclaimed land in Offham. To be discussed at a later date in the year.
·             Highways, Traffic & Speedwatch: All agreed that Speedwatch needs reinvigorating, Cllr Nelson to liaise with Stuart
 
 
 
 
PN

  1.  

UP AND COMING ANNUAL EVENTS:
·             Rememberance Day: Clerk to arrange a poppy wreath. Cllr Stretton to attend the service at Offham Church on 13th November.
 
Clerk
 


 

  1.  

CORRESPONDENCE AND MATTERS ARISING:
 
Emails/Telephone Calls: 
 
·             Email from Holly Tree Cottage re: Lorries using the village. Clerk to write to R. Body Lorries, but Cllrs to try and obtain number plates of the offending vehicles
 
General Correspondence:
 
·             KALC Finance Conference 2011 – Friday 7th October
·             Letter from TMBC Re: Sexual Entertainment Venues – Consultation until 7th October. Asking for the Council’s views.
·             TMBC Agenda for Parish Partnership Meeting 8th September 2011
·             Letter from Age Concern Re: Wheelchair access
·             KCC Consultation on KCC Countryside Access Improvement Plan review 2012
·             University of Kent – Autumn Courses
·             Invite from the Ladies Breakfast Team, Pam Begbey – Saturday 1st October 8.30am Addington Village Hall
·             Letter from Royal Horticultural Society supplying information
·             TMBC list of valid planning and allied applications received 22, 15, 8, 1 August and 25, 19, 12, 4 July and 28 June 
·             Letter from TMBC RE : Community Enhancement Fund. Funding available for revenue and capital projects, £5K per year – open for bidding until 30th September. Clerk to inform Fiona-Lloyd Williams on the VH Committee and suggest they seek funding for the VH roof, the damaged drain could also be included
·             TMBC Agenda and document for Area 2 Planning Committee 12th July 2011
·             TMBC Agenda and document for Area 2 Planning Committee 3rd August 2011
·             Protect Kent Magazine
·             Kent Housing Group – rural homes supporting Kent’s rural communities Campaign to protect rural Kent – Countryside Voice Mag
 
 
 
 
Clerk
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Clerk

  1.  

ON GOING ACTION POINTS NOT DEALT WITH IN PREVIOUS MINUTES:
Nothing to report.
 


 

  1.  

FINANCIAL MATTERS:
·         Cheques Signed for August: Cllr Stretton and Cllr Nelson signed and approved the cheques. 
 
 
Cheque
Payee
Description
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cheques for payment August 2011
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cheque no